Today Everybody is familiar with PDF Files and their uses. PDF files are very useful and used by a wide range of users across the world to store important data. The PDF files can be shared easily and accessed easily. These files are secured files because they can be password protected. Users can protect PDF files with a password in Adobe Reader to make them more secure. So here in this blog, we will focus on how to password Protect PDF in Adobe Reader.
Adobe® Reader for Windows or Mac is available in various versions. The most popular versions of Adobe are Adobe Reader 11 and Adobe Reader DC. Adobe Reader 11 does not support it now. These tools enable you with an option to protect your PDF Files. And for the safety of the document, it is important to know how it works. This tool also costs you nothing to encrypt a PDF file. Let’s discuss how we can protect PDF files with passwords in Adobe Reader.
Method to Set up a Password-Protection on PDF File
The PDF file is the best alternative to Adobe® Reader both in terms of functionality and uses. Adobe Reader allows you to create, edit, convert and protect PDF files for free. Follow the below-mentioned steps to password-protect the PDF.
- Launch the latest version of Adobe Reader on your Window or Mac. If it is not available on your system.
- Access the PDF file that you need to protect with a password.
- Go to the View option present on the upper left side of the Adobe Reader after you have opened the file you are required to encrypt.
- Then click on Tools > Protection. As soon as you press on the Protection option a new window will be displayed convincing you to set up the password for your PDF file and Tap on Ok.
With the completion of the above steps, your PDF file will get encrypted with the password. But it may fail due to its consequences such as time-consuming, Lengthy, and complicated steps. If you are a novice user as you may have to lose your data. But do not panic, it can use a professional way to protect your PDF file and solve your issue of password-protect PDF in Adobe Reader.
Professional Solution to encrypt the PDF Files:
The professional solution makes use of commercial software to protect PDF with passwords. Several utilities are available out there to help you. One such utility is the PDF Protect Tool that protects PDF files from any misuse or unauthorized use. It is one of the most advanced software to prevent PDF from editing, copying, and shielding PDF files from any other activity that may result in misuse. Users even do not need to update this software as it gets updated automatically. Let’s see some of its advance feature that makes it a standalone tool among others:
- A quick and safe way to encrypt the PDF files without using Acrobat.
- This tool is capable of protecting single as well as multiple PDF files at a time.
- It Serves its users with an auto file search feature to search PDF files automatically.
- This tool leverages its users with various security parameters to encrypt PDF files.
- Also, it helps you to unlock the Protected PDF files with a Password by owner and user.
- Able to Eliminate the security restrictions from PDF files easily and securely.
- Allows you to modify metadata and details of PDF files.
- Capable to Support PDF files created by Adobe Acrobat 3.0 and its later versions
- Allows you to get all common encryption types of PDF documents.
- The Demo version is available so that you could decide before investing whether to buy its paid version or not.
Here in this blog, we discussed how to password-protect PDF in Adobe Reader. I hope we will be resolved the issue at the end of the blog. If you are still facing the issue persist, please do comment in the comment box.