At Dallas Area Habitat of Humanity, we aim to improve the lifestyle of rural areas in Dallas by providing them with homeownership and providing financial stability along with consistent economic development.
Additionally, Dallas Habitat offers neighbourhood empowerment initiatives, changes families, rehabilitates areas, and collaborates with others to create a better Dallas.
We want to change our neighbourhoods and end the cycle of poverty.
How can you help our cause?
You can do various things that will help improve people’s lives.
- Corporate Giving:
At Dallas Area Habitat, we provide a range of corporate programmes that can support the development of a solid corporate culture, core values, and contented staff members while giving back to the Dallas neighbourhood.
Here are some ways how you can help our cause:
- Full House Sponsorship: Over the course of 10 days, your team will construct the house from the ground up with the assistance of 20–25 volunteers.
- Half House Sponsorship: There is no need to sponsor the complete house if your company is on a tighter budget. Many organisations support a portion of the construction by raising money for specialised materials like doorknobs, heating, or siding or specialised labourers like an electrician or plumber.
2. General Appliance Donation:
Donating your gently used appliances to Habitat for Humanity Dallas can have a good effect on the Dallas neighbourhood. Our ReStore receives all donations made to Habitat for Humanity. Additionally, the ReStore’s earnings are put toward constructing houses for deserving people in our neighbourhood!
Some plus points:
- All donations are tax-deductible.
- We provide a free pickup service.
- Helping a family to get a better lifestyle.
3. Furniture Donation:
Are you moving your workplace or renovating your home? Call Habitat for Humanity if you have any unwanted, gently-used furniture as a result! Allow your old furniture to find a new home and aid with the construction of a new house for a worthy family in the Dallas neighbourhood instead of letting it rot in a landfill. Both Residential and Commercial furniture are acceptable.
4. Renovation Leftovers:
While remodelling your home, you always wind up with piles of scrap metal, outdated equipment, and older furniture. Consider donating the items from your renovations rather than putting them in the trash! When you donate your repair supplies to Habitat for Humanity, we reuse them or sell them again in our ReStore, and the proceeds go straight toward helping deserving families build new homes!
5. Volunteer at Dallas Area Habitat
What is Habitat for Humanity ReStore?
The Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity runs Habitat ReStores, hardware and home supply stores. We offer the general public discounts of up to 90% on donated and new home renovation products. Profits are used in local communities and around the world to assist people in developing strength, stability, self-reliance, and shelter, which is advantageous for you, your neighbourhood, and the environment.
The experience of shopping at a Habitat ReStore is unique compared to other stores. Each ReStore has an extensive inventory that frequently varies and combines a home renovation store, a home goods store, and a resale store. You gain because you can purchase top-quality brand-new, lightly used home improvement products for less than retail. In addition, your purchase helps Habitat for Humanity, which benefits people in your neighbourhood and worldwide.
Tips for shopping at a Restore
The best thing about visiting a ReStore is that you never know what you’ll find there.
As a result, one crucial buying advice is to be open to the DIY experience, which includes:
- Before your visit, consider any DIY tasks you might like to tackle and do some study.
- Look at the store’s antiques; occasionally, all that’s needed is a fresh coat of paint.
- Prepare a list of all the tools and materials you could require if you know the type of project you intend to do.
ReStores have them available for cheap pickup.
These donations may be little for us, but for the families receiving these appliances, it means the world to them.
Doing these little things makes us happy and gives us a sense of appreciation for our things.
So let’s come together to help a family so they can get hope that things can and will be better in the future.
Bringing People & communities together since 1986