If you aspire to attain proficiency in public speaking and effective communication skills, Then opting for the mass communication course could be a worthwhile decision. Also, having these two skills can open the door to a plethora of employment opportunities. Today you’re going to know about the List of colleges for mass communication and Journalism and Its course complete details.
Aside from your qualification, communication and public speaking are two of the most important skills. As a result, a variety of mass communications courses are designed to provide students with these skills, allowing them to pursue numerous job opportunities in the media and entertainment industries.
Thus, in the following content, you are going to read in full the details about the journalism and mass communication courses. In addition, you will also know about the best colleges for mass communication and journalism.
Colleges for Mass Communication and Journalism
A large number of UGC-approved distance education universities offer this course. So some of the best colleges for mass communication and journalism are–
Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication (SIMC)
This institute is located in Pune, Maharashtra, and was established in 2002. Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication is ranked 3 by India Today. The institute has been accredited with an “A” grade rating from NAAC. Also, this institute is affiliated with Symbiosis International University (SIU). So, SIMC offers mass communication courses such as-
- MBA in Public Relations
- Masters in Mass Communication
- MMC in Audio Visual
- MBA in Media Management.
Chandigarh University (CU)
CU is situated in Chandigarh, Punjab. Chandigarh University is an ideal option for 12th pass students that want to pursue a top-notch mass communication course. This university has been certified with a prestigious A+ grade rating from NAAC. Moreover, the university came into existence in 2012. The mass communication courses offered at CU are-
- Journalism and Mass Communication In BA
- Master of Arts in Journalism in Mass Communication
School of Journalism and New Media Studies
The School of Journalism and New Media Studies is affiliated with IGNOU and offers many mass communication courses to students in distance mode. This institute was established in 2007. It also belongs to one of the most reputed colleges for mass communication courses. Hence, some of the courses students can opt for at SOJNMS are:
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC)
- Certificate in Community Radio (CCR)
- Journalism and Mass Communication PG Diploma
- Post Graduate Diploma in Development Communication (PGDCC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Media (PGDDM)
- Audio Programme Production PG Diploma
Apart from that, there are plenty of other UGC accredited distance education universities that offer journalism and mass communication courses. Thus, some of the colleges students can consider are:
- Netaji Subhash Open University (NSOU)
- Uttarakhand Open University
- Swami Vivekanand Subharti University
- Br. B.R. Ambedkar Open University
- Punjabi University
- Pondicherry University
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Nalanda Open University
- Kalinga Institute Of Industrial Technology, and others.
Mass Communication and Journalism Courses After 12th
There are many mass communication and journalism courses after 12th that students can opt for to attain a fundamental understanding of the media and entertainment industry.
- BA in Media Studies
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Public Relation
- Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
- BA in Journalism
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC)
- BA in Multimedia
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Public Relation
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Visual Communication Course
- BA in Journalism and Mass Communication
- BA in Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Mass Media
- BBA In Digital Marketing
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Electronic Media
- B.Voc in media and communication, etc.
Postgraduate Courses in Journalism and Mass Communication
Below are mentioned some of the journalism and mass communication courses that students can enroll in after completing their bachelor’s degree:
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC)
- Master of Arts (MA) Broadcast Journalism
- Master of Arts (MA) Mass Communication
- MA In Journalism and Mass Communication
- Culture and Media Studies In MA
- Advertising and Public Relation In MA
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Communication
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Mass Communication
- MBA In Media and Entertainment
- MBA in Media Management
Apart from that, students willing to have a broad understanding of the field can opt for courses such as Ph.D. in Journalism and Mass Communication, Ph.D. in Media Studies, Ph.D. in Mass Communication, and other doctorate courses. Additionally, students can also pursue a variety of diploma and certificate courses too.
What Are the Job Opportunities After Completing the Mass Communication and Journalism Courses?
Once students complete their studies in mass communication and journalism, they get a plethora of career opportunities in the fields of media and entertainment. Thus, below are some of the job profiles students can apply for-
- News Reporter
- Radio Jockey
- Video Jockey
- Content Writer
- Media Consultant
- News broadcaster
- Communication Manager
- Film Maker
- Public Relations Specialist, and various others.
This course can be very advantageous for students who want to have a thriving career in any field. Also, it has become easier for students to opt for this course as the government has approved a dual degree system for them. So, students can opt for any mass communication course along with other online degree courses in India such as online BBA courses, online BCA courses, online BCom courses, online BSc courses, online MBA courses, etc.
Students can choose colleges for mass communication and journalism as per their convenience and interest to pursue mass communication courses in a distance or online mode.