According to a survey, there are 2000 people conducted from LinkedIn for working remotely. In the USA, 50% of employees working from home at least one day per week. There are many companies like GitLab, hire work from home employees who are managing their work remotely.
Many people love the idea ‘work from home,’ but some hate it. There are so many views according to this working style. Work from home pros and cons:
Behind the success of work from home working style, there are many reasons. This is ideal for small businesses and freelancers. Have to look at some of the reasons:
- Zero Commute Time. Sometimes we waste an hour or more to time to reach at our workplace and from office to home. Working from home can save a great deal of time and money too. It will add another two hours back to your day time.
- Greater Flexibility. This working style allows you to work during the most productive times as per your lifestyle and priorities. You can wear what you are most comfortable with and create your own workflow that better works for you.
- Less Stressful Day. When you choose to work from home, you have more control over the stress. You can also take a break according to your mood. You can work freely and have a less stressful day compared to a full day working in the office.
- Save More Money. You can save money by avoiding a long commute. Apart from this can also save money from office expense and also you have benefits in your tax too, when you go for work for home.
- Improve your work/life balance. Many employees are struggling to manage the balance between their work and their lifestyle. Working from home can make their life a little bit easier to handle there work.
Working from home, it sounds good. Before you make this decision, you should look over the other side of this working style. Consider these cons also that employees often face with working from home:
- Working alone can be isolating. Working from home might feel lonely and isolated compared to the office environment. Working a whole day without colleagues and coworkers may be very isolating. And you can also miss personal collaboration and socially bound at the workplace that can lead you towards future opportunities and much more.
- Minimize Distractions. You can reduce distractions at the office. At home, you can not control over the distractions like doorbells, guests, kids, and much more neighborhood noise. At office can provide you a perfect working environment.
- Lack Of Competitive Spirit. A main con of work from home is a lack of social interaction. Coworkers and colleagues help in keeping the competitive spirit, and it can also enhance your work productivity. Going to the office is the best way to avoid stress at home, but if your office is at home, then you cant skip both side stress.
- Slackness. If there is no pressure to start work at a specific time, then it is very often to delay your work to start, it may affect your productivity if you failed to maintain self-discipline.
- Keeping Work Time Separate. Work from home does not mean that you should be available 24/7. You must have to be careful and separate the work time from family time. Otherwise, your productivity is decreased.
The Bottom Line
Now you can able to decide that do you ready for work from home or not? Along with all these considerations of work from home pros and cons outlined here. By analyzing this factor with your type of work, you can make your final decision.