There so many users who are struggling to find the best way to convert multiple Excel files into vCard format but did not find any reliable solution to do the conversion. So, here we have come with this article, which helps to export XLS / XLSX files to vCard on mac within easy steps. In the section below, we will discuss to convert Excel files to vCard on Mac.
Why Choose vCard Over the XLS / XLSX / XLSM Files
vCard is a standard method of storing and managing the information. Users can create a single vCard file for each contact and share individual files with any email service. On the other side, you can’t transfer the single Excel file with any email service. vCard files are small in size so, you can attach them with email without size restriction.
First Method to Convert Excel Files to vCard File on Mac
In the section below, we will discuss the manual solution to transfer Excel data to vCard file. Users can manually change excel data to vCard file on Mac but, you cannot directly convert the Excel contacts to vCard. Firstly, you can import XLS / XLSX files into CSV then export them as .vcf file format. Here, we will discuss the steps to export XLS / XLSX files to vCard.
- Open the Excel spreadsheet, click on the File menu and select the Save as option
- Select the .csv file format and save the CSV file on your desktop
- Then, open the Work Book, go to the File menu and choose the Import option
- Select the CSV (Comma Separated Values) and click on the Import button
- The Excel contact will be imported
- Again, go to the File menu but this time select the Export option
- Now, Select the vCard (folder of .vcf files) and click on the Export button
- Give the destination path to save exported vCard file and click on Save
By using this method, you can change excel data to vCard file on Mac. The above-mentioned solution is manual and free to use but it has some limitations too. A few of them are mentioned in the section below:
- It requires lots of time to export XLS / XLSX files to vCard
- It doesn’t support batch conversion. You can’t transfer multiple XLS / XLSX files at a time
- There is no guarantee of data security during the conversion
By using a third-party solution it becomes easy to convert directly Excel files to vCard files on Mac. In the upcoming section, we will discuss how to transfer Excel files into vCard file format. Have a look:
Transfer XLS / XLSX File to vCard on Mac – Second Method
SysTools Mac Excel Contacts Converter provides you an automated solution to change excel data to vCard file format. The utility provides you to create separate VCF file for each Excel contacts. The software comes up with the mapping option (Auto / Manual Mapping). The tool export XLS / XLSX files to vCard in bulk. The utility has understandable and easy to use interface, which convert Excel files to vCard file on mac with ease without any data loss.
Working of theTool
Step1: Download and Run Mac Excel Contacts Converter
Step2: Click on the Add file(s) to add multiple Excel files then, click on Open
Step3: Click on the VCF file format
Step4: At last, click Export
Features of the Software to Export XLS / XLSX Files to vCard
The Mac Excel Contacts Converter software has advanced features. Some of them are discussed below:
- The software renders you Add file(s) option by which users can add and convert multiple XLS / XLSX files to vCard at once.
- It exports XLS / XLSX / XLSM files into vCard, PDF, HTML, MSG, and TXT format.
- The utility provides an Auto / Manual mapping option in which users can match the select Excel column of the Excel file with the Select vCard column.
- By using the tool users can create individual virtual contact files for every Excel file.
- The converted files can be accessed from multiple Email clients such as Gmail, Mozilla Thunderbird, eM client, etc.
- The software doesn’t require any Excel application installation, which means the tool can convert Excel files to vCard file on mac without Excel installation.
- The tool is adaptable in all versions of Mac OS X (like Mac OS 10.14, 10.12, etc.)
- It saves your converted files with the original name so the users can manage them easily even after the conversion.
In the article, we have mentioned both Manual and Automated solution to change excel data to vCard file. In the manual solution, users can’t export multiple Excel data into vCard file format. So for that, we discussed an expert solution, which is reliable and easy to export XLS / XLSX files to vCard in batch. So, it’s up to you to choose the best-suited method as per your needs.