Wikipedia is one of the world’s most used and preferred encyclopedic website. It is one of the largest publications that support multiple languages and consists of web-based content. If you wish to gain recognition or aspire to have a notable online presence, then Wikipedia is the right place to get started with building your online presence and recognition.
Anyone who has access to the internet can access and use Wikipedia. As it is one of the largest information sources, it is regarded as the most reputable and credible site for finding authentic data and information. For that very reason, many business organizations, entrepreneurs, and companies are now leveraging the attributes of Wikipedia like credibility and authenticity to benefit their businesses and brands.
Another great reason for this global use of Wikipedia as a marketing tool is that helps in increasing the SERP rankings and improves the overall SEO results and performance. Getting listed in Wikipedia not only contributes to the success of your marketing plan, but it also adds values like reliability, authenticity, and integrity to your business organization and company.
The challenge here is how to get listed on Wikipedia. Where Wikipedia has eased up the processes of accessing the site, it also has some strict guidelines and rule which makes the process of successful publication a tad bit difficult. Where most companies go for a DIY option, many successful organizations and brands go for freelance and professional Wikipedia page creator to get this job done.
Whether you are an individual looking for online recognition or a fresh startup looking for modern marketing approaches or a successful brand looking for opportunities to extend their business reach, using Wikipedia not only provides with improved online visibility and presence but it also provides you with an effective way to communicate your business message across the global audience and potential business prospects.
The Key Points of Wikipedia Page Creation Process:
Wikipedia is a crowd sourced website which is not controlled or regulated by any individual or a group of professionals and Wikipedia page creator. The Wiki-volunteers and experts monitor every page and keep track of all the edits and changes. These experts and volunteers are responsible for maintaining the standard and guidelines of the platform. Where notability is the holy grail of Wikipedia, credibility is the crucial player in getting success on Wikipedia. Mentioned below are the key points that you should bear in mind before jumping the bandwagon of Wikipedia page creation:
- A successful Wikipedia is all about factuality and neutrality. The slightest hint of biasedness or promotional tone can contribute to page removal and account deletion.
- A well-composed and well-maintained Wikipedia page not only provides you with improved marketing results, but it also yields fruitful outcomes for online visibility and presence.
- Make sure that the started information is as per the editorial guidelines or else your page will be removed in a short period of time.
- The more the relevant citations, the higher are the chances of getting a successful publication.
- Make sure that your business’s online and Wikipedia reputation is shielded from all sorts of vandalism. Keep a check on all the edits and changes made to your wiki-page.
- Make sure to provide authentic and credible sources and evidence for every reference or claim you make in your wiki-page and composed content.
- Before starting with the page creation process, make sure that your company or brand is notable enough to be on Wikipedia. Wikipedia takes the notability guideline quite seriously, so it is highly recommended that you understand those guidelines before starting off with page creation process.
All the above-mentioned tactics and points can help you in building a successful Wikipedia page which not only contributes to increased SERPs rankings but also improved presence and visibility.