Carpets are not a professional purpose of a cleaner: they cannot be completely washed, only refreshed. But even here the device shows its advantages.
- Fast removal of local stains. Manually applying a carpet cleaner, waiting, and brushing the surface for a long time – all this is a waste of time, the most expensive resource. With a steam cleaner, the same procedure can be done much faster.
- Hygiene. During manual cleaning, you will need to contact with dirt, the steam cleaner avoids contact due to fibers that can be used to wipe the surface. After freshening carpets with hot steam, the apartment will be cleaner and safer to live. In addition, you do not need to use aggressive agents, which can be dangerous in themselves.
- Efficiency. The steam penetrates deep into the carpet and softens even stubborn dirt.
How to use a carpet steamer
Despite the fact that the devices are slightly similar in appearance, the steam cleaner is not a vacuum cleaner. It does not draw in the softened dirt: this is how steam vacuum cleaners and washing vacuum cleaners function. Using a carpets steam cleaner refreshes and makes them easier to clean further, but additional measures will be required to completely clean the surface of difficult dirt.
Preparation. Before work, the steam cleaner will need to be assembled, pour water into the device. But preparation is needed not only for the technique, the carpet also needs to be prepared for cleaning.
- Remove items from the surface you plan to clean. Inspect it to better understand which areas are more contaminated and need more thorough cleaning.
- To make it easier for yourself, vacuum the carpet. Volatile dust particles are much more efficiently removed with a conventional vacuum cleaner during dry cleaning. Steam is best used for strong local pollution. Then the softened dirt will need to be removed with fiber.
- If areas are particularly dirty, apply a carpet cleaner if desired.
Means. Steam cleaners “Karcher” work with ordinary water and do not require the use of special household chemicals. Innovative steam systems, high pressures and a thoughtful approach to efficiency make it possible to avoid the use of chemicals. If you do decide to use chemicals to clean your carpets, don’t put them in the cleaner instead of water. It is better to apply them separately on the carpet surface after using the Carpet Steam Cleaner, if by itself it has not washed the dirt completely.
Nozzle. Some steam cleaners come with a default carpet freshener. If your configuration does not have one, you can always buy it separately. The use of special accessories increases the productivity of carpet cleaning: the steam acts more effectively on the carpet, and the time and quality of contact of the steam jet with the surface increases. Thanks to the pad, it becomes easier to work: it provides better glide on the surface.
Algorithm of actions. Use the floor nozzle on a soft surface from the bottom up and, as it were, blow out the dirt from the roots of the pile to the ends. It is enough to walk on the carpet one or several times, depending on the degree of dirt, – the dirt will be softened and partially removed thanks to the carpet nozzle. Remaining dirt can be removed with hand tools or a cleaning vacuum cleaner. Spot nozzles and brushes will have an effective local effect, making cleaning much easier than without using a steam cleaner.
Completion of cleaning. You will need to disconnect the device from the mains, drain unused water, and wash the nozzle. Such cleaning can refresh the carpet, but if there was serious dirt on it, it will have to be additionally cleaned with hand accessories or a washing vacuum cleaner. Dirt will be easier to clean: hot steam will soften it and make cleaning easier. If you’ve used a carpet cleaner on any areas, be sure to rinse it off to avoid streaking and damage to the surface. After cleaning is complete, turn on the air conditioner or fan, or ventilate the area. Air currents will help the carpet dry faster. Until the surface is dry, try