Sometimes, the user has to face partition data loss issues. In this situation, the user is not able to see a certain partition on the computer. Instead of the original partition, unallocated space is seen by the user in disk management. Once a partition gets corrupted, deleted or lost the user has to face data loss. One way to get back the data from deleted partition is to recover it. Thus, in this blog, we are going to introduce different ways to recover data from deleted partition in Windows 10.
Reasons for Deleting Partition in Windows 10
To avoid the deletion of partition in future it is important to know the possible reasons which lead to the deletion of partition in Windows 10.
- Corrupted partition table
- Power failure
- Improper operation
- Bad sectors
- Loss of volume label, partition name or drive letter
- Repartition of hard drive
Note: To avoid more serious issues which can make the recovery of data impossible. It is recommended to follow some instructions given below:
- Do not reformat the hard drive
- Do not perform any operation on the hard drive
- Do not rebuild the partition table
- Do not add new items to the partition
Different Ways Recover Data from the Deleted Partition in Windows
The data recovery is possible and for this, you can try either manual solutions for free or trusted software for safe and secure recovery. Here in this blog, you will get both solutions. Simply read this blog post and decide which solution will help you. Also, the trusted and secure solution which supports granular recovery is explained in method 2.
Method 1: Recover Delete Partition from Windows 10 Using CMD
If the problem is caused due to loss of volume label, drive letter, partition name or Diskpart clean command. Then the user can recover data from the deleted partition in Windows 10 by using the command prompt.
- First, you need to find the lost partition in Disk Management. For this, you have to press Win + R and then type diskmgmt.msg in the Run window. After that, press OK to open Disk Management. Now, the disk space will be marked as Unallocated if the partition is deleted. (Remember the partition size)
- Now, run CMD as administrator. Next, you have to type diskpart in the window and press Enter key
- After that, you have to type list disk and press Enter. Now, you will see all the disks on the computer
- Type select disk # and press Enter key. (Replace # with the hard drive number that contains lost partition)
- Now, you need to type list volume and hit Enter key
- After that, type select volume # and press Enter (replace # with the number of the lost partition)
- Type assign letter =# (Replace # with an available drive letter) and press Enter key
- Finally, exit this window and try to access that partition
Note: – Now, for a non-technical person, it becomes difficult to implement the steps correctly. If any of the steps is performed incorrectly then it can lead to more severe conditions. Thus, the user can switch to a simple and reliable way to recover data from the deleted partition in Windows 10
Method 2: Recover Delete Partition from Windows 10 Using Software
The solution explained in method 1 is not secure and guarantee for a bit by bit recovery of lost files. But by using SysTools Hard Drive Deleted Data Recovery Software the user can easily recover data from the deleted partition on Windows 10. The software allows the user to select the partition from which the data is deleted and it recovers all the files associated with that partition. Moreover, the software is also capable to recover corrupt, lost and permanently deleted data from any hard. It can also recover data from GPT and MBR hard disk partition. To recover data from the deleted partition in Windows 10 via Hard Drive Recovery tool, the user has to follow the step-by-step process given below:
- First, download and install Hard Drive Recovery software on your system and launch it.
- Now, you will see all the partitions. Select the partition from which your data is deleted and click on the Scan button.
- The software will start the scanning process and after the completion of the scanning process you will be able to view all the folders.
- Now, select the files or folders which you want to recover and click on the Save button
- Next, you need to browse the location where you want to save the recovered data from the deleted partition
- After that, the tool will begin the recovery process
- Once the recovery process is completed, navigate to the location where you saved your recovered data
Due to the corrupted partition table, power failure, bad sectors, etc. the user can face data loss from the partition. Now, one can easily recover data from the deleted partition in Windows 10 by using the CMD method or automated solution. Thus, we have explained both methods in the above section. To make data recovery successful follow the instructions mentioned in the blog in the form of a note.